Many people are tempted to resolve legal cases without the help of a lawyer, because they feel the expenses far outweigh the benefits a lawyer can provide. However, this is incredibly untrue. In fact, the consequences of handling a personal injury case without a lawyer are severe, and you are likely to regret tackling your case without the support and advocacy of a strongminded Corpus Christi personal injury lawyer.
The following are consequences of handling a personal injury case without a lawyer, including but not limited to:
- Money – Though you may be trying to save money by going without an attorney, you will actually be losing it. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you fight for the compensation you deserve, and more. However, if you are to face the case on your own, you will likely end up settling for less money. The opposing side may incriminate you by getting you to say things that will undermine your right to money. A truly experienced and skilled Corpus Christi personal injury lawyer will be able to approach your case in the correct way, so as to make sure you are protected on all sides and can possibly request more compensation than you initially believed.
- Confidence – Not many people have the confidence a lawyer does while in court. Whether you are intimidated by the opposing party, the judge, or just the overall legal process, you may go into it expecting one thing and come out with another. To succeed in court means to be aggressive. Confidence plays a big role in obtaining what you want, and an assertive personal injury lawyer can speak on your behalf in the best way possible.
- Settling too soon – You may not realize you have more to a case than you believe. Personal injury cases can be resolved rather quickly, but that doesn’t mean you should settle for less, too soon. If you settle without properly assessing the situation, you won’t be able to go back. Once a case is settled, it’s done.
- Preparation – You may have a lot on your mind. A lawyer’s job is to take care of all the proper documentation necessary. It is vital you show up to court prepared for everything you expect, and even more. You don’t want to get caught off guard.
- Settling without realizing it – There are plenty of loopholes in law which may make it so you settle without realizing it, and it is important to have a safeguard to prevent this from happening. An alert and meticulous personal injury lawyer will keep an eye out for each and every possible situation, so you don’t have to second guess every move you make.
Contact Our Corpus Christi Personal Injury Lawyers
Don’t gamble with regret. If you attempt to handle your personal injury case without a lawyer, you are certainly risking you will end up settling for less than you deserve, and possibly even losing out on what you are entitled to. With a tenacious and determined Corpus Christi personal injury lawyer, such as ours at Sico, Hoelscher, Harris, & Braugh, LLP, you can rest assured you will be led through this process with guidance and reassurance. We strive to advocate on your behalf and refuse to give up in the face of adversity.
Contact our office by calling us at 877.631.9965.